Online kindergarten registration for Moorhead Area Public Schools for the 2021-2022 school year will begin at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, March 1, 2021 for all students including those interested in enrolling in the Spanish Immersion Program. Please use the button at the top of the page.
Children must reach their fifth birthday on or before September 1 of the school year to be eligible to attend kindergarten. Kindergarten registration information is mailed to students who are included in the school district's community census prior to kindergarten registration in February of each year.
For more information about kindergarten registration contact the enrollment office at 218-284-3371 or email email@example.com.
We are excited for your student to enroll in Moorhead Area Public Schools. We hope you will call or email us with any questions. We are here to help!
According to Minnesota statute, a child is ready for kindergarten when he/she:
- Is at least 5 years of age by September 1 of the child's enrollment year
- Has received early childhood screening
- Has received medically acceptable immunizations
Step 1: Register Online March 1, 2021
Online kindergarten registration for the 2021-2022 school year will begin at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, March 1, 2021 for all students including those interested in enrolling in the Spanish Immersion Program. Complete online kindergarten registration for the 2021-2022 school year by clicking the button at the top of this page.
Step 2: Submit Important Registration Documents
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- Provide current, accurate and valid proof of district residency. Examples include: mortgage statement, utility bill, lease agreement, etc.
- Current Immunization Records
- All legal custody documents if applicable
You may submit these documents:
- By Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Fax to 218-284-3333 ATTN: Kindergarten Enrollment
- By Mail to 1313 30th Ave S, Moorhead, MN, 56560 ATTN: Kindergarten Enrollment
In Person directly to the school your child will be attending:
You can also visit the Enrollment Office located at the District Operations Center, 1313 30th Ave S each Wednesday in March, April and May from 8:00-4:30.
- Robert Asp Elementary School 910 11th St N
- Dorothy Dodds Elementary School 4400 24th Ave S
- Ellen Hopkins Elementary School 2020 11th St S
- S.G. Reinertsen Elementary School 1201 40th Ave S
- Probstfield Early Learning Center 2410 14th St S
Step 3: Complete Early Childhood Screening
Please call the Moorhead Area Public Schools Community Education Office to learn more 218-284-3400 or visit Early Childhood Screening Registration to register.
All children are required to complete an Early Childhood Screening prior to enrolling in kindergarten. The ideal time for screening is between ages 3 and 4. At the screening, a simple check of vision, hearing, height, weight and development will be completed. This screening will help identify children who may benefit from resources to help in their development. Screening typically takes about 1 hour and you will stay with your child during the entire screening process. Screening is by appointment only.
Step 4: Final Steps
Check your mail and email regularly for communication and updates from Moorhead Area Public Schools.
Visit our district website to learn more about Moorhead Area Public Schools and your student's school. https://www.moorheadschools.org.
Contact your student’s school directly with questions
- Robert Asp Elementary School 218-284-6300
- Dorothy Dodds Elementary School 218-284-1300
- Ellen Hopkins Elementary School 218-284-4300
- S.G. Reinertsen Elementary School 218-284-5300
Submit Powerschool Annual Registration in August. Over the summer you will receive access to your PowerSchool parent account. Parents/Guardians will log in and choose the registration link to complete the process. If you already have a student enrolled in the district, you will use your existing PowerSchool Account and your kindergarten student will be linked to your family.
School bus transportation is provided to students who live within their school’s attendance area and who live one mile or more from their assigned school. Transportation is not provided to grades K-4 Spanish immersion students outside the Ellen Hopkins attendance area. Transportation information will be provided via PowerSchool in August. If you have questions regarding transportation, please contact your school office.
Before and After School Care - YMCA Cass and Clay Counties
If you are interested in before or after school care, contact the YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties. The YMCA provides fee based before and after school programming as well as summer programming or grades K-4 at Dorothy Dodds, Ellen Hopkins, Robert Asp and S.G. Reinertsen Elementary Schools. Learn more at https://www.ymcacassclay.org or by calling 218-512-2030 or emailing email@example.com.