feedback
 

55°F

Partly Cloudy

Wind: N at 0.0 mph

Windchill: N/A

As of Oct 5 2022, 12:35 am

COVID-19

Students »

  • Each day more than 5,500 students learn and thrive in Moorhead Area Public Schools. We are proud of your successes both inside and outside the classroom.
  • Bullying Prevention

SPUDS Landing »

Parents »

New Families »

Community »

  • From seeing how the district spends tax dollars to providing opportunities for lifelong learning, Moorhead Area Public Schools and the community are partners in education. We welcome your interest.
Lifelong Learning

ISD#152 School Board

School Board Meeting

When: June 27, 2022

Where: Operations Center Board Room 600

Agenda

INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT 152 
School Board Meeting
Operations Center Board Room 600
1313 30th Avenue South
Moorhead, Minnesota

June 27, 2022
6:00 PM

MISSION STATEMENT: To develop the maximum potential of every learner to thrive in a changing world.

ATTENDANCE:
Cassidy Bjorklund, Vice-Chair
Melissa Burgard, Chair
Kara Gloe, Clerk
Scott Steffes, Director
Rachel Stone, Treasurer
Matt Valan, Director
Keith Vogt, Director
Brandon M. Lunak, Superintendent

AGENDA

1. CALL TO ORDER 

A. Call to Order and Roll Call
 
B. Pledge of Allegiance

C. Preview of Agenda - Dr. Brandon M. Lunak, Superintendent

D. Approval of Meeting Agenda

E. We Are Proud

This is the time during the meeting to recognize outstanding achievements of students, staff, and community members. After an honoree's name has been read they will accept their certificate(s) and a photo will be taken.

We Are Proud of the Spud Boys and Girls Track and Field Teams for competing in the Minnesota Class AAA State Meet. The boys team finished third with a team score of 55. Team Members include Jamal Dixon, Michael Haugo, Karson Wendt, Abraham Carlson, Alonn Salman, Elinneus Davis, Isaac Martel, Ben Colborn, John Jenkins, Max Rogers, Mason Kline and Abel Karfeer. Girls Team members who competed at state include Katryna Hansen, Alexis Olderbak, Summer Lindquist, Audrey Janich, Halle Gregoire, Kaitlyn Walthers, and Maddie Sathers.

 

The following boys and girls placed in events at state:

Jamal Dixon placed 2nd in the High Jump

Michael Haugo placed 3rd in the Long Jump and placed 11th in the 200m

Elinneus Davis placed 3rd in the Discus and placed 4th in the Shot Put.

Alonn Salman placed 3rd in the 100m

Abraham Carlson placed 6th in the 400m

Isaac Martel placed 17th in the 3200m

The Spuds 4x100m relay team of Jamal Dixon, Michael Haugo, Karson Wendt and Alonn Salman placed 3rd

The Spuds 4x200m relay team of Michael Haugo, Abraham Carlson, Karson Wendt and Jamal Dixon placed 7th

The Spuds 4x400m relay team of Abraham Carlson, Karson Wendt, Ben Colborn and John Jenkins placed 13th

The Spuds 4x100 relay team of Audrey Janich, Summer Lindquist, Alexis Olderbak and Halle Gregoire placed 10th

Alexis Olderbak placed 12th in Long Jump

Katryna Hansen placed 16th in Long Jump

 

The Boys and Girls Track and Field teams are coached by Ron Davies, Brody Clark, Brian Huber, Erin Eidelbes, Justin Gall, Mahmoud Younis, Erik Hansen, Isaac Lundberg, Cory Asfeld, Adam Hansen, Kevin Feeney, Saif Allawi, and Kevin Drotts.

 

We Are Proud of the Spud Adaptive Bowling team who competed in the state meet. Twenty-nine bowlers qualified and 13 coaches assisted.

 

Bowlers who qualified were:  Ted Pasche, Mitchell Cragg, Zack Rinowski, Kaiden Oye, Caleb Decker, Shanda Youngquist, Emily Rivard, Lu Feris, Celia Nelson, Taryn Rehm, Bella Decker, Damion Oye, Julia Lehrer, Amy Lambrecht, Alex Cannizzaro, Gabriel Oye, Calvin Grefsheim, Gavin Wolf, Daniel Coomala, Kyler Smith, Geno Stalboerger, Ayden Luschen, Sullivan Koth, Maliek Larson, Salome Kasongo.

 

Congratulations to Julia Lehrer, Amy Lambrecht, Gabriel Oye, and Calvin Grefsheim who were state champions in the PI Division and Gabriel Oye and Calvin Grefsheim who placed 2nd in the doubles team category.

 

The team is coached by Heidi Fisher, Jill Hanson, Deb Bartholomay, Wendy Fuglestad, Mario Valdez, Blessing Braaten, Jill Walstrom, Nicole Braaten, Regan Hutchins, Morgan Peterson, Nathan Helgeson, Kalli Bartholomay and Olivia Stafford.

 

F. Public Forum

 

The Public Forum will be open for up to thirty (30) minutes for public comment. Individuals who wish to speak during the Public Forum have submitted a written request by 1:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting. The School Board Chair will call speakers to the microphone and will recognize one speaker at a time. Only those speakers who have been recognized by the School Board Chair will be allowed to speak during the Public Forum. Each speaker is permitted to speak for up to three (3) minutes total. The Public Forum will not be recorded or live streamed.

 

2. CONSENT AGENDA

 

All items on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine, and have been made available to the School board at least two (2) days prior to the meetings; the items will be enacted by one resolution. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a School Board member so requests, in which event that item will be removed from this agenda and considered under separate resolution. To the extent possible, School Board member inquiries on consent agenda items are to be made directly to the district administration prior to the time of the meeting.

 

A. SUPERINTENDENT - Dr. Brandon M. Lunak

1) June 13, 2022, School Board Work Session Minutes, and June 13, 2022, Closed Session Minutes.

 

B. HUMAN RESOURCES AND OPERATIONS - Kristin Dehmer

1) June Claims

2) Family Medical Leave

3) Leave of Absence

4) Extended Leave of Absence

5) Comparable Worth/Pay Equity Review

6) Change in Contract

7) Resignations

8) Retirements

9) New Employees

10) Additional Staffing

11) Increase in 2022-2023 Meal Prices

12) Dairy and Bakery Bids 2022-2023

 

CONSENT AGENDA RESOLUTION

Suggested Resolution: Move to approve the Consent Agenda as revised.

 

3. NEW BUSINESS

 

A. Resolution Awarding the Sale of General Obligation School Building Bonds, Series 2022A, in the Original Aggregate Principal Amount of $2,645,000: Kristin Dehmer

 

Suggested Resolution: Move to approve the issuance and sale of the District's General Obligation School Building Bonds, Series 2022A, in the original aggregate principal amount of $2,645,000.

 

B. Resolution Adopting Post-Issuance Debt Compliance Policy for Tax-exempt and Tax-advantage Governmental Bonds: Kristin Dehmer

 

Suggested Resolution: Move to approve the adoption of the Post-Issuance Debt Compliance Policy and authorize district staff to take all actions necessary to carry out the Post-Issuance Debt Compliance Policy and Post-Issuance Debt Compliance Procedures.

 

C. Annual Operating Plan 2022-2023: Kristin Dehmer

 

Suggested Resolution: Move to approve the 2022-2023 Annual Operating Plan, including a preliminary budget and Long-Term Facility Maintenance Plan for the fiscal year 2023.

 

D. 2022-2023 Moorhead Elementary Schools Parent and Student Handbook: Dr. Jeremy Larson

 

Suggested Resolution: Move to approve the 2022-2023 Moorhead Elementary Schools Parent-Student Handbooks as presented.

 

E. 2022-2023 Moorhead Early Learning Center Parent and Student Handbook: Brend Richman

 

Suggested Resolution: Move to approve 2022-2023 Moorhead Early Learning Center Parent and Student Handbook as presented.

 

F. Moorhead Sports Center Rink Operations Agreement: Kristin Dehmer 

 

Suggested Resolution: Move to approve the Rink Operations Agreement as presented.

 

G. 2022-2023 Enrollment Update: Kristin Dehmer

 

H. Principal Master Agreement: Kristin Dehmer

 

Suggested Resolution: Move to approve the Principal's Master Agreement for 2022-2024 as presented with the cost as follows: Year Cost Percentage Increase 2022-23 $125,595 4.33% 2023-24 $97,542 3.23% TOTAL $223,137 7.56%.

 

I. Supervisor's Master Agreement: Kristin Dehmer

 

Suggested Resolution: Move to approve the Supervisor's Master Agreement for 2022-2024 as presented with the cost as follows: Year Cost Percentage Increase 2022-23 $84,290 3.34% 2023-24 $106,181 4.20% TOTAL $226,330 7.55% 

 

J. Administrator's Master Agreement: Kristin Dehmer

 

Suggested Resolution: Move to approve the Administrator's Master Agreement for 2022-2024 as presented with the cost as follows: Year Percentage Increase 2022-23 $39,199 4.11% 2023-24 $34,216 3.44% TOTAL $73,415 7.55%

 

K. Confidential Employees Master Agreement: Kristin Dehmer

 

Suggested Resolution: Move to approve the Confidential Employee's Master Agreement for the 2022-24 as presented with the cost as follows: Year Cost Percentage 2022-23 $15,361 4.26% 2023-24 $12, 379 3.30% TOTAL $27,740 7.56%

 

L. Resolution Establishing Dates or Filing Affidavits of Candidacy: Dr. Brandon Lunak

 

Suggested Resolution: Move to approve the Resolution Establishing Dates for Filing Affidavits of Candidacy as presented.

 

M. Schedule School Board Work Session on July 18, 2022, at 3:30 p.m.: Dr. Brandon Lunak

 

Suggested Resolution: Move to approve the School Board Work Session on July 18, 2022, at 3:30 p.m. followed by the School Board Regular Meeting at 6 p.m.

 

N. First Reading Of Policies: Dr. Brandon Lunak

 

4. SUPERINTENDENT UPDATES

 

5. ADJOURNMENT

 

Suggested Resolution: Move to approve the adjournment of June 27, 2022, School Board Meeting at ____ p.m.

Minutes

REGULAR MEETING

SCHOOL BOARD

INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT 152

MAPS OPERATIONS CENTER

June 27, 2022

 

CALL TO ORDER: The Regular Meeting of the School Board of Moorhead Area Public School #152 was called to order by Chair Burgard on Monday, June 27, 2022, at 6:00 p.m, in the MAPS Operation Center Board Room 600. Members in attendance were Cassidy Bjorklund, Melissa Burgard, Kara Gloe, Scott Steffes, Rachel Stone, Matt Valan, and Keith Vogt. Administrators present Brandon Lunak, Jeremy Larson, Kristin Dehmer, Brenda Richman, and Dan Markert.

 

The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.

 

Preview of Agenda - Dr. Lunak recommended approval as revised. Revisions/Additions: the revised Resolution Awarding the Sale of General Obligation School Building Bonds, Series 2022A, Bond Sale Day Report, and the revised Elementary Handbook.

 

Approval of Agenda

ACTION: Bjorklund moved, seconded by Steffes to approve Agenda as revised. Motion Carried. Result 7-­0-­0 Roll Call vote: Bjorklund – yea, Burgard – yea, Gloe – yea, Steffes – yea, Stone – yea, Valan – yea, Vogt – yea.

 

We Are Proud were as follows. Member Stone and the School Board recognized the Spud Boys and Girls Track and Field teams that competed in the Minnesota Class AAA State Meet. The boys' team finished third with a team score of 55. Team Members include Jamal Dixon, Michael Haugo, Karson Wendt, Abraham Carlson, Alonn Salman, Elinneus Davis, Isaac Martel, Ben Colborn, John Jenkins, Max Rogers, Mason Kline, and Abel Karfeer. Girls Team members who competed at state include Katryna Hansen, Alexis Olderbak, Summer Lindquist, Audrey Janich, Halle Gregoire, Kaitlyn Walthers, and Maddie Sathers. Individual events and achievements of both teams were also recognized. The Boys and Girls Track and Field teams are coached by Ron Davies, Brody Clark, Brian Huber, Erin Eidelbes, Justin Gall, Mahmoud Younis, Erik Hansen, Isaac Lundberg, Cory Asfeld, Adam Hansen, Kevin Feeney, Saif Allawi, and Kevin Drotts.

 

The School Board also recognized members of the Spud Adaptive Bowling team who competed in the state meet. Twenty-­nine bowlers qualified and 13 coaches assisted. Team members were:  Ted Pasche, Mitchell Cragg, Zack Rinowski, Kaiden Oye, Caleb Decker, Shanda Youngquist, Emily Rivard, Lu Feris, Celia Nelson, Taryn Rehm, Bella Decker, Damion Oye, Julia Lehrer, Amy Lambrecht, Alex Cannizzaro, Gabriel Oye, Calvin Grefsheim, Gavin Wolf, Daniel Coomala, Kyler Smith, Geno Stalboerger, Ayden Luschen, Sullivan Koth, Maliek Larson, Salome Kasongo.

 

Julia Lehrer, Amy Lambrecht, Gabriel Oye, and Calvin Grefsheim were state champions in the PI Division, and Gabriel Oye and Calvin Grefsheim placed 2nd in the doubles team category. The team is coached by Heidi Fisher, Jill Hanson, Deb Bartholomay, Wendy Fuglestad, Mario Valdez, Blessing Braaten, Jill Walstrom, Nicole Braaten, Regan Hutchins, Morgan

Peterson, Nathan Helgeson, Kalli Bartholomay and Olivia Stafford.

 

Public Forum: No requests to address the School Board were submitted.

 

CONSENT AGENDA: The following items were enacted under one resolution: June 13, 2022, School Board Work Session Minutes, June 13, 2022, Closed Session, June Claims, Family Medical Leave, Leave of Absence, Extended Leave of Absence, Comparable Worth/Pay Equity Review, Change in Contract, Resignations, Retirements, New Employees, Additional Staffing, Increase in 2022-2023 Meal Prices, and Dairy and Bakery Bids 2022-23.

 

Comment: Member Gloe clarified that the increase in the meal prices for the 2022-2023 school year was directed by the FDA and not Moorhead Area Public Schools.

 

CONSENT AGENDA RESOLUTION

ACTION: Gloe moved, seconded by Vogt to approve Consent Agenda as presented.

Motion Carried. Result 7-­0­-0 Roll Call vote: Bjorklund – yea, Burgard – yea, Gloe – yea, Steffes – yea, Stone – yea, Valan – yea, Vogt – yea.

 

NEW BUSINESS

 

Resolution Awarding the Sale of General Obligation School Building Bonds, Series 2022A, in the Originate Aggregate Principal Amount of $2,645,000: Greg Crow, President of Ehlers and Associates, Inc. the District’s independent municipal advisor, presented the Resolution Awarding the Sale of General Obligation School Building Bonds, Series 2022A to the School Board. Crowe reviewed with the board the competitive sales results, the school district’s credit rating, number of bidders, the low bidder, interest rate secured on the bonds, and compared pre-sale estimates to the actual which resulted in $124,000 in additional funds. The closing date is July 21, 2022. Board discussion followed.

ACTION: Vogt moved, seconded by Steffes to approve the resolution awarding the issuance and sale of the District’s General Obligation School Building Bonds, Series 2022A, in the original aggregate principal amount of $2,645,000. 

Motion Carried. Result 7-­0-­0 Roll Call vote: Bjorklund – yea, Burgard – yea, Gloe – yea, Steffes – yea, Stone – yea, Valan – yea, Vogt – yea.

 

Bjorklund left the meeting at 6:25 p.m.

 

Resolution Adopting Post-Issuance Debt Compliance Policy for Tax-exempt and Tax-advantage Governmental Bonds: Kristin Dehmer, executive director of human resources and operations, presented the Resolution Adopting the Post­Issuance Compliance Policy for Tax Exempt and Tax Advantage Governmental Bonds. This policy defines and ensures the district will carry out its compliance responsibilities with all applicable federal regulations.

ACTION: Move to approve the adoption of the Post-Issuance Debt Compliance Policy and authorize district staff to take all actions necessary to carry out the Post-Issuance Debt Compliance Policy and Post-Issuance Debt Compliance Procedures.

Motion Carried. Result 6-­0-­0 Roll Call vote: Burgard – yea, Gloe – yea, Steffes – yea, Stone – yea, Valan – yea, Vogt – yea.

 

Bjorklund returned to the meeting at 6:27 p.m.

 

Annual Operating Plan 2022-2023: Denice Sinner, director of business services, presented the preliminary 2022-­2023 Annual Operating Plan to the School Board. The presentation included the preliminary 2022-­2023 budget, the projection of revenue and expenditures for a three-­year period beyond the current budget, and historical information. Sinner also provided an explanation and summary of the General Fund Revenue and Expenditures, Food Service, Community Service, Debt Service, Building Construction, and Post-­Employment Benefits Debt Service. Board discussion followed regarding the fund balance comfortability, energy costs, and alternative building funding sources.

ACTION: Vogt moved, seconded by Bjorklund to approve the 2022-2023 Annual Operating Plan, including a preliminary budget and a Long-Term Facility Maintenance plan for the fiscal year 2022-2023.

Motion Carried. Result 7-­0-­0 Roll Call vote: Bjorklund – yea, Burgard – yea, Gloe – yea, Steffes – yea, Stone – yea, Valan – yea, Vogt – yea.

 

2022-2023 Moorhead Elementary Schools Parent and Student Handbook: Josh St. Louis, principal at S. G. Reinertsen, presented the revised 2022-­2023 Moorhead Elementary Parent and Student Handbook to the School Board for approval. No discussion.

ACTION: Valan moved, seconded by Steffes to approve the 2022-2023 Moorhead Elementary Handbook as presented.

Motion Carried Result 7­-0-­0 Roll Call vote: Bjorklund – yea, Burgard – yea, Gloe – yea, Steffes – yea, Stone – yea, Valan – yea, Vogt – yea.

 

2022-2023 Moorhead Early Learning Center Parent and Student Handbook: Brenda Richman, executive director of community engagement and public relations, presented the changes to the Early Learning Center Parent and Student Handbook for 2022­ 2023. Board discussion followed changing the Handbook name to Moorhead Early Learning Center Family and Student Handbook as the elementary schools have done. The change will be made.

ACTION: Vogt moved, seconded by Steffes to approve the 2022-2023 Moorhead Early Learning Center Parent and Student Handbook as presented with the title revised.

Motion Carried. Result 7-­0-­0 Roll Call vote: Bjorklund – yea, Burgard – yea, Gloe – yea, Steffes – yea, Stone – yea, Valan – yea, Vogt – yea.

 

Moorhead Sports Center Rink Operations Agreement: Steve Moore, director of operations and emergency management, reviewed the Rink Operations Agreement relating to the management partnership between Moorhead Area Public Schools and Moorhead Youth Hockey Association. The district has partnered with Moorhead Youth Hockey Association to provide usage efficiencies between the Cullen Hockey Center and the Moorhead Sports Center as well as to provide ice area management for the school district. The agreement is for three (3) years with an option for two additional one-­year periods. Board discussion followed regarding security, maintenance of equipment, MAPS scheduling priorities, and concessions.

ACTION: Vogt moved, seconded by Stone to approve the Rink Operations Agreement as presented.

Motion carried. Result 7-­0-­0 Roll Call vote: Bjorklund – yea, Burgard – yea, Gloe – yea, Steffes – yea, Stone – yea,Valan – yea, Vogt – yea.

 

2022-20­23 Enrollment Update: Kristin Dehmer, executive director of human resources and operations, gave a brief update on the projected 2022-­2023 enrollment. The district enrollment is projected to be 7,271 for the upcoming school year. Current enrollment is 6,977 students as of June 27th with students continuing to enter the district. Board discussion followed regarding the number of boundary exemption requests received in the past and

 

Principal Master Agreement: Kristin Dehmer, executive director of human resources and operations, presented and reviewed the two-­year Principals Master Agreement and language changes to the contract negotiated for the years July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2024.

ACTION: Vogt moved, seconded by Bjorklund to approve the Principal’s Master Agreement for 2022-2024 as presented with the cost as follows: Year Cost percentage Increase 2022-2023 $125,595 4.33%, 2023-2024 $97,542 3.23%; TOTAL $223,137 7.56% as presented.

Motion carried. Result 7-­0-­0 Roll Call vote: Bjorklund – yea, Burgard – yea, Gloe – yea, Steffes – yea, Stone – yea,Valan – yea, Vogt – yea.

 

Supervisor’s Master Agreement: Kristin Dehmer, executive director of human resources and operations, presented and reviewed the new two­-year Supervisor’s Master Agreement and language changes negotiated for the years July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2024.

ACTION: Gloe moved, seconded by Stone to approve the Supervisor’s Master Agreement for 2022-2024 as presented with the cost as follows: Year Cost percentage Increase 2022-2023 $84,290 3.34%, 2023-2024 $106,181 4.20%; TOTAL $226,330 7.55% as presented.

 

Discussion Member Vogt: Vogt interjected that the total was incorrect and asked for a recalculation. Dehmer would recalculate the numbers.

 

Member Gloe rescinded her motion and Stone rescinded her second.

 

Chair Burgard moved to the next agenda item. The Supervisor’s Master Agreement would be moved later in the agenda.

 

Administrator’s Master Agreement: Kristin Dehmer, executive director of human resources and operations, presented and reviewed the new two-­year Administrator’s Master Agreement and language changes negotiated for the years July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2024.

ACTION: Steffes moved, seconded by Vogt to approve the Administrator’s Master Agreement as presented with the cost as follows: Year Cost Percentage Increase 2022-2023 $39,199 4.11%; 2023-2024 $34,216 3.44% TOTAL $73,415 7.55% as presented.

Motion carried. Result 7-­0-­0 Roll Call vote: Bjorklund – yea, Burgard – yea, Gloe – yea, Steffes – yea, Stone – yea,Valan – yea, Vogt – yea.

 

Confidential Employees Master Agreement: Kristin Dehmer, executive director of human resources and operations, presented and reviewed the new two-­year Confidential Employees Master Agreement and language changes negotiated for July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2024.

ACTION: Steffes moved, seconded by Bjorklund to approve the Confidential Employees Master Agreement for 2022-2024 as presented with the cost as follows: Year Cost Percentage Increase 2022-23 $15,361 4.26%; 2023-24 $12,379 3.30% TOTAL $27,740 7.56% as presented.

Motion Carried. Result 7­-0­-0 Roll Call vote: Bjorklund – yea, Burgard – yea, Gloe – yea, Steffes – yea, Stone – yea, Valan – yea, Vogt – yea.

 

Supervisor’s Master Agreement: Kristin Dehmer, executive director of human resources and operations, revisited the new two­-year Supervisor’s Master Agreement and language changes negotiated for the years July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2024 with the adjusted costs.

ACTION: Gloe moved, seconded by Bjorklund to approve the Supervisor’s Master Agreement for 2022-2024 as presented with the cost as follows: Year Cost percentage Increase 2022-2023 $84,290 3.34%, 2023-2024 $106,181 4.20%; TOTAL $190,371 7.55% as presented.

 

Discussion: Stone corrected total. Corrected total is $190,471 7.55%. Burgard ruled previous motion to go forward with corrected total of $190,471.

ACTION: Gloe moved, seconded by Bjorklund to approve the Supervisor’s Master Agreement for 2022-2024 as presented. Motion Carried. Result 7­-0­-0 Roll Call vote: Bjorklund – yea, Burgard – yea, Gloe – yea, Steffes – yea, Stone – yea, Valan – yea, Vogt – yea.

 

Resolution Establishing Dates for Filing Affidavits of Candidacy: Superintendent Lunak presented the Resolution Establishing Filing Affidavits of Candidacy and the Notice of Filing Dates for Election to the School Board. Candidate filing begins Tuesday, August 2, 2022, and closes at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, August 16, 2022, for approval.

ACTION: Steffes moved, seconded by Bjorklund to approve the Notice of Filing Dates for Election to the School Board. Candidate filing begins Tuesday, August 2, 2022, and closes at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, August 16, 2022, as presented. Motion carried. Result 7-­0-­0 Roll Call vote: Bjorklund – yea, Burgard – yea, Gloe – yea, Steffes – yea, Stone – yea,Valan – yea, Vogt – yea.

 

Schedule School Board Work Session on July 18, 2022, at 3:30 p.m.: Superintendent Lunak recommended that a School Board Work Session occur at 3:30 p.m. at the MAPS Operation Center before the scheduled 6 p.m. July 18, 2022, Regular Meeting.

Board discussion followed: Member Gloe may be unable to attend the Work Session due to a work conflict.

ACTION: Stone moved, seconded by Steffes to approve the School Board Work Session on July 18, 2022, at 3:30 p.m. followed by the School Board Regular Meeting at 6 p.m.

Motion Carried. Result 7-­0-­0 Roll Call vote: Bjorklund – yea, Burgard – yea, Gloe – yea, Steffes – yea, Stone – yea, Valan – yea, Vogt – yea.

 

First Reading of Policies: Superintendent Lunak and the School Board conducted the first reading of policies 516 School Attendance Governing Enrollment of Children/Adults with Disabilities, 230 MAPS School Board Committees, 510 Attendance Areas, 544 Activities Fundraising, 545 High School Academic, Activity, Athletic Letters, 578 Bullying Prohibition, 616 School District System Accountability, 702 Accounting (new policy), 702 Equal Access to School Facilities (policy number reassigned), 703 Annual Audit, 714 Student Activity Accounting, 802 Fund Balances, 832 Complementary Athletic Season Passes/Single Event

Passes, 833 Disposition of Obsolete Equipment and Material, 834 Public Gifts to the School District, and 906 Public Distribution of Materials in MAPS.

 

SUPERINTENDENT UPDATES: A reminder that there will be a Work Session on July 18, 2022, before the Regular School Board Meeting.

 

Member Gloe asked if the board was not doing Other Items to Come Before the Board on the agenda. Chair Burgard referred to the change in the format as per previously given board information.

 

ADJOURNMENT: Bjorklund moved, seconded by Vogt to approve adjournment of the June 27, 2022, School Board meeting at 7:40 p.m. Motion Carried. Result 7-­0-­0 Roll Call vote: Bjorklund – yea, Burgard – yea, Gloe – yea, Steffes – yea, Stone – yea, Valan – yea, Vogt – yea.