2015 Bond Referendum
Voter Eligibility and Absentee Ballot Information
Before you can vote, you must register. In Minnesota, you may register 20 days before election day for your name to appear on the polling place roster or on election day at your polling place.
You may register and vote if you:
- will be at least 18 years old on election day;
- are a citizen of the United States;
- are a resident of the school district; and
- will have resided in Minnesota for 20 days immediately preceding election day.
Individuals are not eligible voters if they:
- have been convicted of treason or a felony and their civil rights have not been restored;
- are under court-ordered guardianship where a court has revoked their voting rights;
- have been ruled legally incompetent by a court of law; or
- are not properly registered.
Absentee Ballot Information
To vote by absentee ballot for the Nov. 3 election, voters must complete and return an application for an absentee ballot. Download the absentee ballot application
and return it to the Election Clerk at Moorhead Area Public Schools, 2410 14th St. S., Moorhead, MN 56560. Absentee ballots are available 46 days prior to election day.
Contact the Clay County auditor for more information or visit http://claycountymn.gov/283/Election-Information
The Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State website at http://www.sos.state.mn.us
provides information relating to frequently asked questions on registering and voting, including absentee ballot information.