Community Education Advisory Council Seeks Volunteers
June 3, 2020
Moorhead Area Public Schools is seeking Moorhead community members to serve on the Community Education Advisory Council. Starting with the 2020-2021 school year, the Community Education Advisory will be restructured to include all areas of Community Education: Adult Basic Education, Early Childhood Education, School Readiness/JumpStart, Adult Enrichment, Youth Enrichment, and CHOICES. This structure will allow for better promotion of the mission and vision of Community Education in the district.
The primary function of the Community Education Advisory Council is to advocate and promote the goals and objectives of Community Education programs, services, and partnerships by collaborating with the Executive Director and staff. The following objectives are provided to guide in this process:
To promote the mission and philosophy of Moorhead Community Education in this diverse school-community in a manner reflecting the mission, core values, and strategic plan of Moorhead Area Public Schools.
• To provide active participation, engagement, and advocacy for Community Education.
• To represent their community, organization, and networks to provide input and assessment of Moorhead’s diverse and changing needs.
• To formulate recommendations and possible collaborations and partnerships for Community Education programs and services that reflect and meet the needs of various segments of the community.
• To promote a model for life-long learning opportunities, programs, and services.
• To cooperate with the Executive Director of Community Engagement and Public Relations in promoting the goals, objectives, and overall success of all Community Education programs.
Since this will include combining two existing councils as well as including a program that has not had an advisory council in the past, we will be initiating an application process which is designed to identify and harness the talents of a broad base of Moorhead stakeholders.
Applications can be found here. Applications will be accepted until June 19. Applications will be reviewed and the new Community Education Advisory Council will be chosen to represent as many different interests, organizations, segments and demographics of our city as possible.
For more information or for a paper application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.