Adult Basic Education
It's never too late to…
- make more money. GED holders make an average of $7,000 more per year than those without a GED or high school diploma.
- go to college. GED graduates can enter most colleges, universities and technical schools.
- build your career. Employees consider GED graduates the same as high school graduates in regard to hiring, salary and opportunity for advancement.
- help your children. Set a good example. Education is for a lifetime.
It's never too late to learn.
Adult Basic Education, a program of Moorhead Community Education, offers day, evening and online learning classes for anyone age 17 or older who is not presently enrolled in a secondary school and whose educational skills are below the 12th grade level in any of the basic academic areas of reading, math, writing or speaking English.
Moorhead ABE is an award-winning Adult Basic Education program offering:
GED: Preparation for the four tests of the GED exam;
iPathways: Online preparation for the five tests of the GED exam;
Basic skills: Classes for adult learners who want to improve basic reading or math skills or earn an adult diploma;
ESL: English as a second language for adult learners whose native language is not English;
Citizenship: English and civics to pass the naturalization interview and exam;
Workforce education: ESL instruction focused on employment skills training; and
KeyTrain: Instruction for students who want to improve their skills and knowledge to meet the demands of the workforce.
Who may enroll?
Anyone age 17 or older who is interested in improving basic skills.
How do I enroll in ABE classes?
Call 218-284-3450 or register at 2777 34th St. S., Moorhead, for orientation.
Other class locations include Breckenridge, Barnesville, Hawley and Wheaton.
When do I enroll?
Students may register for orientation Monday-Friday.
Classes are free and open to adults who are 17 years or older and:
- lack the level of literacy skills required for productive employment, or
- have not earned a high school diploma, or
- whose native language is not English.