Our Guiding Philosophy
The guiding philosophy of Moorhead Area Public Schools is continuous improvement.
The mission of Moorhead Area Public Schools is to develop the maximum potential of every learner to thrive in a changing world.
Moorhead Area Public Schools will be a progressive school district recognized for excellence at all levels. We will work collaboratively with our community to provide a premier education for every learner to achieve success while providing a safe and nurturing environment that celebrates diversity and practices mutual respect.
Our Core Values
Moorhead Area Public Schools is committed to the education and well being of each student. We are committed to:
- creating a positive learning environment that values children and youth.
- supporting all learners.
- holding high standards and expectations for all learners.
- making research-based, data-driven, collaborative decisions inclusive of stakeholder perspectives.
- seeking continuous improvement and planning for the future.
- advocating for children and youth within our community and district.
- celebrating students and staff.
- promoting pride in the Moorhead community and schools.