Did You Know?
People who are bullied...
Have a higher risk for depression and anxiety
Have increased thoughts about suicide that may persist into adulthood
Are more likely to have health complaints
Are more likely to retaliate through extremely violent measures
People who bully others...
Have a higher risk of abusing alcohol and other drugs as teenagers and adults
Are more likely to get into fights, vandalize property and drop out of school
The Facts About Bullying
- 160,000 students stay home from school every day due to bullying.
- Two out of three students who have been targeted by bullies become bullies.
- The average child has watched 8,000 televised murders and 100,000 acts of violence before finishing elementary school.
- 20% of all students have been bullied and more than 50% have personally witnessed someone being bullied.
- Nearly 42% of kids have been bullied online and almost one in four have had it happen more than once.
- Suicide rates among 10-14 year olds have grown more than 50 percent over the last three decades.